Long time no blog. Turns out working, taking care of a baby and making an attempt at having a life is kind of time consuming. No completed sewing projects means no blogging about sewing projects!
I finally finished something though. I needed some handwork to do for a Saskatoon Modern Quilt Guild meeting and the quilt I had been cutting and piecing was nowhere near the binding stage. I decided to whip together my bee blocks from the Simply Solids Bee instead. Since I had 11/12 blocks already (made by my lovely bee mates) I only had to make one, piece the back, baste and quilt it quick and do the binding.
Here is the finished product:
I love the bright scrappiness. When I was picking a project for the Bee this is exactly what I envisioned. Lots of thoughts went through my head for the back, in the end I decided to do one mega block, slightly modified to be rectangle rather than square.
The quilting is random intersecting straight lines (in hindsight I wish it was a little more dense) and the binding is scrappy as well.
I love this! And it is the first quilt I have completed that has no purpose, it’s not meant to be a gift and I have no specific use in mind so I’m not sure where it is going to live.
I hope to have more finished projects to share soon.