Welcome to my blog and my first blog post!
I am lucky enough to have a dedicated spot to do my quilting but this space is shared with our exercise equipment. There is lots of room but sometime when I’m working on a quilt and I have things laid out on the floor it gets in the way of the treadmill. So today I got a design wall.
Here are some shots of my space before:
Excuse the mess and ancient sewing machine, I’m working on that!
I’m lucky enough to have a very handy husband who was able to build my design wall.
We decided the most economical way was to build a frame and then put some thinner inexpensive wood on top of the frame. A last minute addition was some thin foam so that I can push pins into the surface, the whole thing was then covered with a cheap king-sized batting.
Some progress shots:
The final size is 92″ x 96″, not quite enough for a King sized quilt top but as big as we could reasonably make it. Since I haven’t even made a bed sized quilt yet I think this will be just fine.
And now my sewing room is all put back together again! And yes, we flipped the sewing stuff to the other side of the room so that we’re not looking at the blank wall when running on the treadmill.
There is still some work to be done but overall I’m happy with the changes so far. I need to finish sorting through all my fabric and eventually I’d like a higher table so I’m not bending over while cutting, but one step at a time.