I finished the borders around block 8 and decided not to do the machine stitching around the applique yet for a very important reason. Today I ordered a new sewing machine! I want to wait for it to come so I can use a satin stitch. So here is block 8, almost complete.
Today after spending the majority of the last week working on the twin quilt I decided to get back to block-a-palooza and tackle block 9. Block 9 is from Blue Nickel Studios.
First I cut out all the pieces:
Then I made these adorable little geese:
Followed by this nine patch:
And finally the whole thing together:
It got a little wonky, not sure why but overall I’m pleased with how it turned out.
Tomorrow I’ll blog about block 10!