Well only 6 blocks left before the final arrangement for block-a-palooza. I’m really excited to see how this whole thing turns out and to practice my free motion quilting some more on the final product.
Block 10 was designed by Amy at Amy’s Creative Side and is called Turned Geese. This is another one of those blocks that I thought would be very difficult and actually came together really quickly thanks to the method she used for making the flying geese.
As usual I cut out all the parts:
And made 8 little geese units like these:
I was really focused on doing these geese accurately so I could see an improved result. I haven’t been happy with some of my points and how some of the blocks have been lining up. Well my attention to detail paid off:
I ended up really pleased with how this block turned out. Everything lines up well and the points are good. So it does seem like I’m picking up some technique through the whole thing.
After block #10 I spent a whole bunch of time doing this:
But I am happy to report that all 108 square in square blocks for my twin quilt are complete and up on the design wall! Tonight I will start sewing blocks together and hopefully by the end of the week it will be ready for quilting.