Light on Sewing

4 Apr

I have to admit, there has not been much sewing going on lately. Last time I was in my sewing room I was only cutting, and that was a week ago! Work is busy and I had an exam for my professional designation last week as well. Tonight when I had a bit of time I went downstairs and found this:

April 4 2011 (1 of 10)

And this:

April 4 2011 (2 of 10)

Yeah so not exactly the most inspirational space. I was so excited with the new sewing machine and trying to keep up with the end of Block-A-Palooza (post coming soon) that I kind of randomly threw things on the floor.  So I spent a little time cleaning up.

April 4 2011 (3 of 10)

April 4 2011 (4 of 10)

Not exactly revolutionary but it’s much better. I still really need to organize my fabric and I plan to refold it all and organize it soon (although realistically maybe after tax season).

The reward for working so hard tonight?

Opening up these beauties:

April 4 2011 (5 of 10)

New labels!

April 4 2011 (6 of 10)

I wasn’t perfectly happy with the old ones. They slipped when sewing and were small. I decided I needed something a little less personal as well. You can expect to see both of them used, although these ones will likely be used more often. They are woven and perfect!

8 Responses to “Light on Sewing”

1. memercer April 5, 2011 at 7:46 AM #

Wow I really like them! Where did you get them made?

PS: First block in this quilt along, total cop out! I don’t want to use my own ideas I want you to tell me what to do!! *sigh*

• Jaclyn April 5, 2011 at 9:38 AM #

Thanks, I ordered them from a shop on Etsy, they came from Hong Kong, let me know if you would like the info.

Haha I hear you on the QAL, just do the suggested block if you want 😉 That threw me for a loop too. Or look up other patterns you like and throw something in there,

• memercer April 5, 2011 at 11:45 AM #

I think I found one I’d like to do, I just need my fabric to arrive!! Ugh, I keep checking the tracking, but they haven’t checked in anywhere since it left austin.

• Jaclyn April 5, 2011 at 12:41 PM #

Ohh what fabric did you get? One of the packs? Which one?

• memercer April 5, 2011 at 10:21 PM #

I got the blue orange combo. I was thinking I would make this quilt for my nephew for Christmas. Only in hindsight I should have went for the red yellow pack since his room is entirely decorated with Cars………..damn hindsight.

• Jaclyn April 5, 2011 at 10:25 PM #

It’ll be cute no matter what! Can’t wait to see what you do.

2. Rach April 5, 2011 at 9:33 AM #

I would love to have one on Ginny’s quilt. Is it easy to put on? If so, I may bring it back with us when we come for the summer so that we can have some personal love on it 🙂

• Jaclyn April 5, 2011 at 9:39 AM #

Rach, yup I can put one on, just have to remove a few stitches, shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to feel free to bring her quilt with you.