The Scary Truth

9 Oct

So I have not blogged, and mostly I have not blogged because I have not sewn anything in a really long time. The last quilt I completed was almost a year ago now!

So you all know about the baby – and that might be excuse enough – but the real truth is that I had no room to sew. When we were renovating our house before baby’s arrival we moved a ton of stuff into my sewing room, and even after we moved things back out it never really recovered. My shelf was falling apart so I had fabric stacked all over the floor. Add a new knitting hobby to the mix and you have total chaos!

The good news is that I got some new shelving this weekend and now I start the long process or sorting and folding all of my fabric and putting it away so I can clean up the rest of the room. There have been so many nights I have wanted to sew but I haven’t because of the giant mess in there. Things are hard to find and it just weighed on me mentally.

Photographic evidence:

From the door – SCARY!

Mess (5 of 5)

The leaning tower of fabric:

Mess (2 of 5)

Junk, junk and more junk:

Mess (4 of 5)

Knitting stuff – on the floor – and other random garbage:

Mess (3 of 5)

Cutting table – not much cutting going on:

Mess (1 of 5)

So let this confession be the start of something great. I hope I can share some after pictures really soon.

6 Responses to “The Scary Truth”

1. LifeAsIKnowIt October 9, 2012 at 8:11 PM #

You can do it! You do such beautiful work!

2. Ashley Dawn October 9, 2012 at 9:58 PM #

I know what you mean when you say it is hard to sew when the room is a mess. (And not a mess from crafting but just in a mess) I hope your new organization will allow you to get back to some sewing. I know I always get a lot accomplished in my craft room after a good clean. 3 scrapbook pages to be exact for me ! 🙂

3. Erin @ Sew at Home Mummy October 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM #

Yikes! LOL. Can’t wait to see you back working again 🙂 I spy with my little eye, too! heehee…
    Can’t wait to see what your next project is J!
    xo
    e

4. Lea October 23, 2012 at 1:16 PM #

I have WAY too many crafting hobbies=TOO much craft stuff!!! I know you will have this organized soon, and am looking forward to seeing it…p.s beautiful yarn!!!

5. Lea October 24, 2012 at 7:40 PM #

P.S. your post motivated me to organize (at least some) of my art supplies, thanks you!

• Jaclyn October 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM #