Sewing Room Progress

19 Oct

The organization has begun! I am anxious to get back to sewing (and other crafting) so I set aside some time this week to get started with the long task of putting things back together.

I have progress photos (only iPhone quality for now)!

That little white unit is from IKEA and I’m happy to finally have a place to store my tools and thread (until my husband builds me a spool holder):

image

This is my new shelving. It is wider, deeper and much stronger than the previous plastic shelf I had. I might get a few more brackets and another shelf or two. I organized most of my solids by colour a few nights ago.

image (2)

And here is the pile of stuff I still need to sort through and put away. Yeah it’s not pretty. No sewing is happening until it’s done because I can’t even see my ironing board and cutting table.

image (3)

I’m getting there though. I hope to finish up this weekend. Wish me luck.

11 Responses to “Sewing Room Progress”

1. Jacquelyn B October 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM #

I wish I knew how to sew! Your stuff is beautiful!

2. Mama Sews Best October 19, 2012 at 2:59 PM #

Stealing the idea for organizing rulers – brilliant! Is that a mail organizer?

• Jaclyn October 19, 2012 at 3:07 PM #

Yes it is! I need to buy a new one actually because the one I bought doesn’t have a bottom and the bars are too far apart so it doesn’t hold my smallest sized rulers. It works well for the big ones though so I’m sticking with the same idea and just going to buy another style.

3. Erin @ Sew at Home Mummy October 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM #

Love it J! It’s looking good – can’t wait to see it all finished 🙂

4. Wendy October 20, 2012 at 1:19 PM #

Good for you finding organizing time! I find I just constantly lack sleep 🙂 If you find anything you need to get rid of, feel free to send it my way! lol I should post a picture of my sewing room so we can all commiserate in our disorganization. Here it is: http://eveningdesign.com/wendy/sewingroom.html

I love the color organization. Makes a lovely display – do you have the heart to actually use it? I’d be afraid to be missing one of the collection!

5. Lea October 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM #

I hope you get it done, looks like you’re making progress, congrats!! (I am still working on mine, as I have some of my stuff in 3 places right now…I plan to put my Art/sewing stuff all together soon!!!) Good luck to you:)

6. Carol November 6, 2012 at 10:36 AM #

Hi Jaclyn,
    You have a lovely blog. I’m writing from Sew Sisters Quilt Shop. We are having a Blogathon for Canadian quilting/crafting bloggers and would love it if you would be willing to let us link to your blog. You can get all the details here. http://sewsisters.blogspot.ca/p/blogathon-canada.html
    Thanks
    Carol

7. Teresa November 21, 2012 at 6:24 PM #

Found you through the Blog-a-thon. Good luck with your reorganization. We moved 2 1/2 yrs ago from ON to NS. I am just getting my sewing room ALMOST to the point where I might be able to consider it organized. My favourite thing…I had my husband hang some pegboard so that I could hang my rulers and the tools I use most and lose most. I thought I had posted a pic on my blog but I guess I didn’t…I should do that….

8. Janet November 21, 2012 at 7:41 PM #

Hi I’m visiting from the Canadian blogathon. Good to see you getting in the groove again. An organized room does help – but mine is small and feels like it’s always in chaos…. well maybe it just is in chaos. 🙂

9. quiltmom anna November 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM #

It looks like you are well on your way to a new place for you to be creative. It is indeed a balancing act between playing and family life. I didn’t quilt much when our son was young- I just never found the way to do it – work full time and take care of home and our son.
    Enjoy your new space and happy Creating.
    The blog a thon has been a fun way to meet some new to me quilters. I hope you have an opportunity to check out some of the blogs too.
    Regards from Edmonton,
    Anna

10. Jaclyn November 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM #

Thanks to the new readers who stopped by from the Canadian Blogathon. I hope to post an update this week!