New Sewing Room Additions

7 Feb

I’m blogging from sunny (and warm!) Arizona. While I’m here I wanted to share some more changes to my sewing room that my husband finished in the past few weeks. I’ve been looking for thread storage, so this is what we came up with:

End of Jan WIP (2 of 10)

See that shelf above my table? That is also new. My plan is to get some storage bins or make some fabric bins to hold my scraps. Scraps are currently stuffed into plastic bags under my fabric shelving. I would love it if they were more accessible.

Here is a close up of how the thread will be:

End of Jan WIP (1 of 10)

We are just experimenting with different pegs and then we will go buy a bunch of them so I can put all my thread out instead of the random bin I have it in now, where it all gets tangled and I lose the matching bobbins. This isn’t the prettiest solution I’ve seen but I think it will be very practical for me. And I can hang other things on pegs with the additional space.

I also organized all my WIPs into these bins, so handy!

End of Jan WIP (4 of 10)

8 Responses to “New Sewing Room Additions”

1. citricsugar February 8, 2013 at 2:50 AM #

Your thread rack turned out amazing! Swoon!! Perfect colour choice, too.

Having trouble with your ugly FQ? Lol.

• Jaclyn February 8, 2013 at 8:05 AM #

Thanks! Grey was a last minute choice but now I’m so happy with it!

And…err…yeah.

2. Ashley Dawn February 8, 2013 at 6:43 AM #

Looks great Jaclyn. Got to love handy husbands. What a great idea for the thread rack.

• Jaclyn February 8, 2013 at 8:06 AM #

Thanks! And yeah, it certainly is helpful to have him around.

3. Wendy February 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM #

It looks like it, but you want to store your thread out of the sunlight as I’ve read that can cause it to deteriorate. Yay for helpful hubbies!

• Jaclyn February 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM #

I don’t let any natural light into my sewing room, I keep the blinds closed to protect my fabric, so hopefully the thread will be okay. It is certainly nice to have a handy husband!

• Sheila February 28, 2013 at 7:24 PM #

So it’s a good thing that my sewing room doesn’t have a window? 😉

4. Josée Carrier August 24, 2014 at 8:32 PM #

Hi Jaclyn, I just saw your sewing room at Mad About Patchwork. I love your setup. Particularly how you decided to store your threads. What type of pegs did you decide to go with?