I need to catch up on some finish projects. I tend to only blog finished things lately and even that has fallen by the wayside. If you want to follow what I’m up to on a regular basis, stop by my IG where I am jaclynb. I post there almost daily and sometimes multiple times a day. I really only blog when I want to post photos of finished projects from my actual camera.
This quilt is one I made on commission for a friend’s daughter. The colours they selected were pink and turquoise but otherwise I had pretty much full creative control.
This quilt is a variation on the Urban Lattice pattern by Me? a Mom?. I made several changes though. I made the blocks smaller overall finishing at 8.5”, I increased the size of the prints that form the diamonds in the centre and decreased the background (white). Instead of using paper piecing as the pattern instructs I cut my strips to size and marked the diagonals on my ruler so I simply sewed them all and then trimmed up.
The majority of the fabric is from Pat Bravo’s line Rapture, with a few blenders thrown in for good measure.
On the back I did appliqué for the first time ever and incorporated some of the recipient’s baby clothing.
The quilting was done by my friend Lisa in an all-over flower pattern that she does free motion on her long arm. This quilt is twin size and the thought of wrestling it through my home machine was just too much.
I did something else on this quilt that I’ve been wanting to try, a flange around the binding! I just love how it turned out and I plan on putting it on more quilts in the future, such a special touch.
I hope Emma loves it for years to come and that it adds a special touch to her big girl room.